All families should have access to an environment where their children can learn and speak French, regardless of where they live in Canada.
Key features of our centre
- We are a christian faith based childcare centre.
- We offer group care and preschool programs for 14 children, 30 months to school age.
- We make French the language of communication.
- We participate in the CCFRI and the ACCB programs of the province.
- We provide a nut free environment.
- We do not potty train.
Licensed Preschool Centre
- A safe and fun environment where children thrive.
- A place to share quality learning experiences.
- A small community that promotes inclusiveness, flexibility and good leadership.
- A learning through play centre where curious children and adults learn in harmony.
French Immersion Program
- We facilitate all activities en français.
- All routines, clue sentences, and songs are en français.
- Gradual learning of French is based on auditory comprehension and oral expression.
- From outdoors and in class age appropriate experiences, and occasional fieldtrips, children examine and enquire about how everything is made and works.
- They develop self-confidence, gain appropriate social skills, discover for themselves how unique they are and how important it is that we have each other too.
- But most of all they realize that learning is fun!
- There is a $25 non-refundable registration fee.
- The monthly fees are regulated through the CCFRI program.
- When you come for a tour, you receive the registration package and we confirm the current fees to be paid.
- When the forms are completed and the payment done, your child's space is secured.
- 2 programs to choose from:
- Group care 7:30-5:00, Mon-Fri
- Preschool 9:00-12:00, Mon-Fri or 12:30-3:30, Mon-Fri
- We operate from September to the end of June.
- Closures are according to the School District #61 for Stat Days, Christmas Vacation, and Spring Break.
Contact us for further registration information
2022-2023 YEAR CALENDAR
- Tue 6 Sep 2022 Preschool Opening Day
- Tue 6 Sep 2022 Group child care Opening Day
- Fri 30 Sep 2022 CLOSED National Day for truth and Reconciliation
- Mon 10 Oct 2022 CLOSED Thanksgiving
- Fri 11 Nov 2022 CLOSED Remembrance Day
- Fri 16 Dec 2022 Preschool last day before Christmas vacation
- Wed 21 Dec 2022 Group child care last day before Christmas vacation
- Tue 3 Jan 2023 First day after Christmas vacation
- Mon 20 Feb 2023 CLOSED Family Day
- Fri 17 Mar 2023 Preschool and group child care last day before spring vacation
- Mon 3 Apr 2023 First day after spring vacation
- Fri 7 Apr and Mon 10 Apr 2023 CLOSED Easter vacation
- Mon 22 May 2023 CLOSED Victoria Day
- Fri 23 Jun 2023 Last day of preschool
- Wed 30 Jun 2023 Last day for group child care
We wish for each child to develop a positive and accurate perception of self and achieve their best.
The personnel of the preschool agrees with the principles of the Early Childhood Educators of BC Code of Ethics.
Caring, detail oriented, passionate education! – D.S.
Early Childhood Educator, Owner, Licensee
Our seasoned ECE is a francophone from Montréal; she has 4 children and 5 grandchildren. She enjoys nature and a good laugh.
Early Childhood Educator
She is Swiss-Canadian with her first language being French. She is passionate about working with children and teaching them French.
Early Childhood Educator Assistant
She moved from the French part of Switzerland 20 years ago. She is married and she has 2 daughters.
Photos from Appletree